Merry Belated Christmans and Happy New 2008!
I thought I should update my journal to wish you all a great Christmas (I know it's late; hence, the "belated" word) and a great New 2008! Happy Holidays!
<div class="heading>Artist's Comment on Art Improvement Progress
As of lately, I have been a mentor to two mentees at ConcentArt on color theory. Somehow, this experience is helping me huge time in making some breaththroughs with colors and values. I'm able to dare more now and feel that my arts have more balanced feeling to it now than before the breakthrough. It is like I suddenly realize the key of the saturation and desaturation balance as well as the values. The key is to get people's attention into the artwork and keep them "trapped" in it for the longest time possible. Right? I believe I'm getting hang of that. Watch out people, world domination is coming! Muhahaha! Just kidding! Obviously, I'm pretty thrilled with my progress and wish to share that to everybody in my journal. Not to mention that I'm even more thrilled to work as a colorist at [link]
. I'll get started working after the new year. In the meaning time, I'm working on other two job projects that I still need to finish. Holidays made it so hard to complete anything!
My 2008 goals:
- Improve creature, humanoid, animial, and alien anatomy
- Perspective practice/improvement... tilted/rotated camera for a more dramatic feeling.
- Master of realism in both speed painting and fine art style
- Realistic textures in both speed painting and fine art style
- More patience for details
- Breakthrough into professional field level (maybe too huge goal for me now, but eh... gotta try!)